The IRS has announced the availability of IRS2Go 2.0, which is an expanded version of its smartphone application we told you about here. The app is now designed to provide taxpayers easier access to practical tools and information. The new app is available for Apple and Android devices and is free.
- Watch Us – View IRS YouTube videos on your smartphone.
- Get the Latest News – IRS news releases are delivered as they become available.
- Get My Tax Record – Taxpayers can now order their tax return transcript from their smartphone. The transcript will be delivered via U.S. Postal Service to their address of record.
- Get Your Refund Status – Taxpayers can check the status of their federal tax refund.
- Get Tax Updates – Receive tips and reminders to help with tax planning and preparation. Tax Tips are issued daily during filing season and periodically throughout the rest of the year.
- Follow the IRS – Sign up to follow the IRS Twitter newsfeed, @IRSnews, which provides easy-to-use information, including updates on tax law changes and important IRS programs.
So visit the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace and download this free app today!